When I started The Body Ecology Diet “B.E.D“, I dove into making probiotic-rich cultured butter, spritzy young green coconut kefir, and unsalted cultured vegetables. These unsalted probiotic-rich foods quickly became second nature to make and eat!
Thankfully, I discovered them much easier to prepare then my head had previously made them out to be. What challenged me the most was learning how to keep them consistently warm during the initial (+critical) days of incubation. I tried incubating them in our bathroom with a small space heater and thermometer; I tried incubating them on a seed mat in our family-sized thermal cooler.
After losing a couple of batches due to inconsistent temperatures, I began to feel that our entire house was becoming one giant incubator experiment left to the whim of the season we were in or whether we had the wood stove going or the Rinnai propane heater. Here in Vermont, the days and nights can drop below zero.
This kit is the result of what was brainstormed between myself and my husband at the time – also an engineer, tinkerer, builder, innovator – who listened patiently as I explained my need for a product that made the experience of culturing food more reliable.
We love your invention! Unsalted cultured food is a huge part of being on B.E.D and making them used to drive us nuts. We got up in middle of night to check them. Thank you for giving us peace of mind and sleep. M.C., San Luis Obispo, CA
I hope you enjoy the process of being on The Body Ecology Diet without the added stress of figuring everything out 😉 I love knowing my ‘babies’ are warm, like being wrapped in a cozy blanker! And my cultured food comes out consistent in taste and texture. I feel in control. I simply put the containers of food into oven (or cardboard box or cooler) with this incubator kit, set gauge to desired temperature, and walk away with peace of mind⭐
How it Works
Incubator Kit transforms your oven, cooler, or cardboard box into an incubator that allows you to select and maintain the specific temperature you want.
- Place Incubator Kit in insulated space of your choice (i.e., oven, cooler, cardboard box) and plug into electrical outlet.
- Put jars of probiotic food into insulated space.
- Set the digital temperature control device to desired temperature t between 68°F and 108°F (will display temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit scale).
- The light bulb – heat source – automatically turns on and stays on until desired temperature is reached. Once at the desired temperature, the light bulb automatically turns off. If temperature drops below desired temperature, the light will turn back on to maintain a consistently warm environment.
- Automatic safety shut-off, if probe temperature reaches 108˚F.
- Maximum of 1000 watts of heating devices can be plugged in thermostat.
- Normal wattage light bulb used.
- Essential tool for those on The Body Diet.
- Perfect for young green coconut kefir, unsalted cultured vegetables, cultured butter or cream, and milk kefir.
- Puts you in charge of the desired temperature.
Super easy to use; my yogurt and kombucha comes out perfect every time! T.G. Austin, TX
Please note: depending on component availability, shipping can take anywhere from 1-3 weeks.
DISCLAIMER: Happy Bellies is not liable for damage or injuries related to using this device. Use at own risk.
This blog post contains affiliate links, you can read here to learn more.