Service Agreement for Placenta Encapsulation
Tara Carpenter, CPES.
Bringing hormonal support to new mothers in Vermont since 2011.
Tara Carpenter with Happy Bellies, LLC will prepare your placenta in capsule form for your personal use. Happy Bellies, LLC may also prepare a placenta tea and tincture for you and baby’s personal use. This service may be provided by an Independent Contractor.
As a condition of this service, you make the following assertions:
You agree that…
- You are paying for the placenta encapsulation service only.
- Your placenta does not contain transmittable diseases such as STD’s, Hepatitis-B, -C or HIV/AIDS.
- There are risks involved with ingesting your placenta if you smoked cigarettes 3 months prior to and/or at any time during pregnancy.
- You do not have active genital herpes.
- You, and your care provider, have determined (or will determine) your placenta is healthy and suitable for encapsulation prior to the day of encapsulation.
- Your placenta will be handled in a manner appropriate for safe food preparation after birth (i.e., kept cold).
- You will let me know prior to day of service if you or anyone in your household has been exposed to COVID or has symptoms.
You understand that…
- Happy Bellies, LLC. will prepare your baby’s placenta in a capsule, broth, and tincture form for you, and your baby’s, personal use and that this service may be provided by an Independent Contractor.
- $50 of the encapsulation fee is a non-refundable retainer.
- Your encapsulation cannot be completed until Happy Bellies, LLC. has received notice that you have read this Agreement and received remaining payment in full.
- Placenta Encapsulation Specialist (PES) views each placenta as a sacred connection between mother and child and treats accordingly.
- You will not hold PES, Happy Belies LLC., or employees or independent contractors, responsible if your placenta is accidentally damaged during the encapsulation process.
- You must keep placenta in your possession and will not be refunded deposit if allow hospital to store placenta and/or you lose placenta.
- PES does not determine whether your placenta should be consumed and makes no guarantee of your personal results from the capsules.
- According to WHO (2020), to date no signs of COVID-19 have been found in cord blood, amniotic fluid or breast milk.
- Coronavirus is inactivated when exposed to 133 degrees F for 30 minutes (NHC 2020) and the traditional Chinese medicine method used to prepare placenta capsules far exceed this temperature.
- The nutritional, holistic, and beneficial nature of the placenta capsules has not been evaluated or tested.
- The capsules should not be taken during times of illness, including times of infection (i.e., bacterial cold, flu, or mastitis) and that taking capsules can worsen these conditions or take longer to recover from.
You release Tara Carpenter and Happy Bellies, LLC, and representatives, employees, independent contractors as well as Placenta Benefits, Ltd. from any and all liability for any affects you may experience after choosing to take your placenta capsules, tea, and tincture.
Disclaimer: Benefits of placenta encapsulation are supported by ongoing research. However, statements on this website aren't evaluated by the FDA and products from these services aren't intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Please make any decision in regards to consuming your placenta with a licensed care provider. A Placenta Encapsulationist isn't a doctor, holistic practitioner, pharmaceutical representative, or herbalist. Women utilizing this service take full responsibility for using their placenta capsules at own risk.