Here’s a simple breakfast or snack with only 5 ingredients. They are easy to make and freeze well so you can make a big batch ahead of time to eat throughout the busy week.
Many people feel more energized when they start the day with animal protein and these muffins certainly can do the trick. Others like a bowl of porridge with hemp seeds and a side of steamed bok choy. Go with what has you feeling good ?
Savory Egg Muffins
4 pastured eggs
Sea salt, to taste
1 handful of red pepper, minced
1 Tbsp. basil or parsley, chopped fine
Handful of leafy greens, chopped fine
Half of an onion, chopped fine
Sauteed meat of choice, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil or ghee.
- Mix the eggs with the salt, basil, leafy greens, onion, and meat – if using.
- Pour mixture into greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Tips & Tricks
- These food combine well with non-starchy vegetables (i.e. carrots, asparagus).
- If your eggs are not runny enough, add in 1-2 teaspoons of water.
- Want more protein? Sliver in some lightly sauteed meat and toss it in.
- Delicious with creamy broccoli-fennel soup and green salad for an easy to digest meal.
- Now is a fine time to practice the 80/20 principle.
- Delicious served with a dollop of pesto and side of unsalted cultured vegetables.
- Perfect protein-rich snack for those on stage 1 of The Body Ecology Diet (B.E.D)
This blog post may contain affiliate links, you can read here to learn more.
Good Morning Green Smoothie
Probiotic-Rich Cultured Butter
B.E.D. Nutritional Support (via phone/Skype)
May all bellies be happy!