Parsley Dressing Recipe for The Body Ecology Diet
Originally published on June 11, 2018.
Tara Carpenter, NC.
Holistic nutrition for digestion; specialized in yeast overgrowth.
I could come up with a fancier name for this dressing, but will keep things simple as this recipe is rich enough to stand strong and proud on its own; drizzle over a build-your-own salad or use as a dip 😉
Even in small amounts, parsley has numerous health benefits …. nutrient-dense, rich in essential oils (i.e., apiol, myristicin), and antioxidants. Super parsley!! Great for regulating bowels, balancing blood sugar, and decreasing a bloated belly. Folk medicine used parsley as a detox remedy, diuretic, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory for centuries.
This recipe is perfect if you are healing a health issue and/or on The Body Ecology Diet (B.E.D.) because parsley is antibacterial, anti fungal, and contains vitamins and minerals to boost immunity so body can conquer infections or imbalances, such as Candida or GBS+.
Vegetable-blended dressings and soups, are an easy way to get your fat vitamin, and mineral intake. They are also easy to digest since they are blended; which is key when healing a digestive issue to feed yourself foods that move through slowly so you are satiated and nutrients are absorbed.
Yields: 1 1/3 cup
1 cup parsley, chopped (about 1 bunch)
1/2 – 3/4 cup water
1/3 – 1/2 cup flax seed oil, cold-pressed
3 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 Tbsp. mustard
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 drops stevia extract (optional)
½ teaspoon EcoBloom (prebiotic that encourages growth of friendly bifidus).
- Place everything but the oil into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Slowly add in the oil to emulsify.
- Taste and add in more of anything that your taste-buds desire.
- Shake well before each use.
- Store up to a week in the fridge in a sealed glass jar.
Tips & Ideas
- Substitute olive or avocado oil for the flax seed oil.
- Substitute cilantro for the parsley.
- Substitute apple cider vinegar for the lemon juice.
- Add another tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice if you like more sour.
- Depending on how dry your parsley is, you might need to add in more oil or water.
- A Vitamix blender, if you have one, will kick out a smooth product every time.
- Empty in a couple Ancient Earth Mineral capsules for a more alkalizing dressing.
- Add a scoop of Ecobloom (a prebiotic) to give food for the probiotics that live in your gut.
This blog post may contain affiliate links, you can read here to learn more.
May all bellies be happy!