Tara Carpenter, NC.
Holistic nutrition for healing yeast, bacterial, and viral overgrowth-related health conditions with The Body Ecology Diet (B.E.D.).
This snack list is for those on The Body Ecology Diet (B.E.D); a gut healing protocol that is gluten-sugar-yeast free and uses principles such as 80/20 and food combining for meals that are easy-to-digest.
Items marked with (*) are best saved for stage 2 or as an occasional treat.
- Young coconut pudding
- Cocobiotic with vitality super greens
- Milk kefir* with almond extract
- Cassava strip chips
- Homemade yogurt* with stevia and spirulina
- Flax cracker with pumpkin seed butter
- Artichoke pate (omit honey) with cucumber spears
- Buckwheat waffle with cultured butter and lakanto
- Deli meat wrapped in lettuce with mayo
- Lemonade with stevia and earth minerals
- Lima bean hummus with carrot sticks
- Soaked/Dehydrated sunflower seeds
- Mini pops sorghum popcorn
- Soaked/dehydrated almonds
- Natto with steamed broccoli florets
- Probiotic protein shake
- Snap peas dipped in almond mayonnaise
- Kale chips
- Fish stock (in thermos)
- Veggie chips
- Chicken salad with homemade mayonnaise
- Sprouted bread* slathered with carrot butter
- Guacamole with jicama chunks
- Nori sheet ‘sandwich’ with ghee and lakanto
- Sushi roll with millet, ume paste, avocado, fried yolk
- Hard-boiled egg (yolk only if don’t tolerate whites)
Enjoy! If you have snack ideas to share here, please send them over 🙂
This blog post may contain affiliate links, you can read here to learn more.
My Favorite B.E.D. Supplements
Nutritional Support with Tara
May all bellies be happy!
6 replies on “Snack List for The Body Ecology Diet”
I understand the confusion. That’s why I put these stage 1 and stage 2 grocery list together. I’ve been doing some form of B.E.D. since 2010 and all the foods listed have been approved by Donna Gates (founder of diet) in her recipes, talks, podcasts, so on. That said, be careful with juice of any kind even those listed as stage 1. Do what feels right for you. When I first started BED, I had systemic yeast infection and found I did fine with green apples, yet pomegranates I had to go very light on. We are each different in the load we can carry.
I am confused about the shopping list for stage 1 of BED. I thought only lemons/limes and cranberries are listed for stage one, but you have green apples, pomegranates, currants and some juices,,,
And under fats you list rinsed olives-another fruit.
Hmmmm, I wonder what you clicked on to get to here. If you know, please tell and I will go and fix that. Here is the link to the roll-out cookie recipe https://www.happybellies.net/the-body-ecology-diet/coconut-roll-out-cookies-recipe-body-ecology-diet/
Hello. Thx for sharing your ideas & recipes. Where’s the rollout cookie recipe? The link to it led to this page.
You just made my day 🙂
amazing. my partner, my mother, and I are at the beginning of our journey with the body ecology diet, and snacks have been one of the toughest things to figure out! you are such an inspiration… we have already made a bunch of your recipes, thank you so much!!